This website is operated by The Space. Throughout the site, the terms “the site”, “us” and “our” refer to The Space. The Space offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein. These Terms & Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms & Conditions are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms & Conditions.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms & Conditions. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms & Conditions by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
The site is owned and run by The Space, owned by Fantique Trade, registration number 1999/032854/23, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (herein after referred to as “The Space”).
Stock of all items on offer is limited. The Space will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that promotions and special offers are brought to an end when stock is sold out. If it happens that The Space is unable to fulfill any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out, The Space will inform you via email and you'll be entitled to a refund for the value your purcahse. This is described in more detail under The Space’s Help section Returns & Exchnages
- The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders ("order") for one or more goods on offer as long as such goods are available and not sold out.
- A purchasing contract ("sale") between you and The Space only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more goods in your shopping cart (“cart") AND your payment has been authorised by The Space (or has been received into The Space’s bank account).
- The above is dependent on the product being available.
- Goods on The Space online store cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your cart without completing the order does not amount to a “sale”.
- This means that The Space may remove any product(s) from your cart before the sale actually takes place, in the event of the product going out of stock.
- The Space cannot be held responsible if the product(s) you added to your cart have become unavailable when you try to complete the sale.
- A tax invoice will be emailed to the email address on your The Space Online profile. A delivery note will be included with your order – please note that no prices are visible on the delivery note.
- The Space reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you.
- The Space will be liable for reimbursing you the rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order.
- The Space reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
- The Space may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on The Space Online, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. The Space does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
- The Space does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
PRICING OF PRODUCT
- The Retail Price is the standard price that The Space charges for the product. The retail price is determined by the Designers who supply The Space.
- When a product is not on sale, on special, or included in a discount promotion, the retail price is the price you will pay when you purchase the product.
- Please note that the retail price can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The retail price applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the retail price at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
- When The Space is having a sale or is running a discount promotion on specific goods on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the retail price. The discount price will be shown in red and the retail price will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
- When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the retail price and, if applicable, the discount price of all goods at The Space Online are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an wrong price, The Space will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
- The Space will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
- For orders of R1000 or more, The Space delivers within South Africa, with standard delivery.
- Any orders under R1000, The Space charges a non-refundable R100 fee to deliver depending on where you’re located.
- Standard delivery is available for certain areas outside of main centres. Please check the delivery options in checkout once you have entered your address to see if you are eligible.
- The Space only offers standard delivery on all purchases.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, The Space will not be obliged to deliver goods at an incorrect delivery fee. The Space will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
You can pay on The Space Online using your Visa or MasterCard credit or cheque, via Electronic Funds `transfer (EFT)
Paying by credit card
- The Space accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards and Cheque Cards.
- When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
- If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete on The Space Online.
Paying by Instant EFT
Instant EFT payment is available to all Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec, FNB and Absa customers. These payments are processed immediately and provide a secure transfer for immediate payment.
How does it work?
- Select your Bank
- Login using your internet banking credentials
- Upon successful payment your order status will be updated immediately.
- There is no need to enter The Space’s banking details or order reference number
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Select an account to pay from and enter a reference for your records
- Your bank will send you an otp or mobile authentication to your mobile phone to verify the payment
- Enter otp or accept the authentication message
- Payment is complete
How long do you have to wait?
- Your order status will be updated immediately
- There is no need to send through a proof of payment
- There is no need to wait for funds to reflect in the sellers account
Is it safe?
- Instant EFT guarantees the highest levels of security when paying online
- Instant EFT has a Thawte EV SSL encryption certificate which gives our payment processing service an extremely high level of security
- Instant EFT acts as a proxy between you and the bank to facilitate a faster, safer and easier payment process for both the buyer and the seller
- Your online banking login details are NOT stored
- As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- Your package will be delivered to the address you specified during the checkout process.
- If nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will call to make second attempt to deliver your parcel.
- The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the package will be returned to The Space and a return in the form of a gift card will be processed for the goods.
- Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occassions.
- Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa – for Standard delivery is 10 working days.
- As outlined above, all The Space’s standard deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- In the event that a package is delcared missing, should stock be available a replacement order will be sent to the customer via the intended original delivery method.
- If stock is not available, the order plus any relevant delivery fee will be refunded.
- The Space will contact the customer in both cases to advise possible delays and/or preferred refund
- If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, you may return it to The Space within 7 days of delivery, by the same delivery method which the package was received. You can either receive a The Space account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
- In the case of a damaged or incorrect item having been delivered, The Space will evaluate each case and issue a refund upon proof of the damaged/incorrect item.
Complete records of each transaction between you and The Space are kept on the site for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you'll be able to view and print out these records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping Such record falls onto you.
- Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be prosecuted.
- The Space will claim civil damages from such person if The Space suffers any damage or loss.
- You agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
- You allow The Space to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
- All credit card transactions on the site are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced by various encryption processes with the aim of offering the most effective possible protection of any sensitive information. The Space has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
- Only The Space's banking partner will access confidential information (Such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
The Space is responsible for adhering to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA") with the sale of any goods from the site.
However, neither The Space nor any of its representatives will be held responsible for any loss or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) this site, its services or content.
Furthermore, The Space provides no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free or errors or omissions. Nor is there any guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. Please report any possible malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com
Otherwise call our office on at 011 447 0730 (Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 17:00)
Although the goods on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an "as it is" basis and is not set up or delivered according to your individual specifications.
It is your responsibility, before accepting these Terms & Conditions , to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies your individual needs and is compatible with your hardware or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this web site should not be regarded as professional advice, or as The Space’s official stance.
- This site is offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa.As Such it is governed by South African legislation, and subject to the disputes clause in these Terms & Conditions .
- You and The Space are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Each and every section of these terms and conditions must be read as individual and separable from the rest of the terms and conditions.
- Should any court or qualified authority find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain standing, despite invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term.
AMENDMENTS TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Space may, at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof. As indicated in the Terms & Conditions , it is the responsibility of the registered account holder or user to familiarise yourself with the Terms & Conditions before using the site. By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you've read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions .
TERMS & DISCONTINUATION
These terms and conditions take effect on the date of first publication of the website and continue indeterminately. They may be revised by The Space from time to time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to exist and be operated. The Space is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending purchases.
If you don't meet your obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents about payment and price or an order, and you neglect to rectify such non-adherence within 5 working days after The Space has instructed you to do so, your access to the service will be blocked.
We have the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of The Space will not have any negative effect on any damages The Space may claim.
Any and all copyright relating to the website is held by The Space. All rights not expressly given are reserved. To obtain permission for commercial use of any content from this site, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our office line: 011 447 0730.
All content, logos and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of The Space. As such they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms & Conditions, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, local regulations, rules or laws (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
No person, business or website may be linked to any page on this site without prior written permission from The Space. Permission can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com
No person, business or website may use any technology to collect information from this site without prior written permission from The Space to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Space information is as follows:
Fantique Trade 746 CC
Trading as The Space- Reg. Nr 1999/032854/23
Legal notice address:
141 Jan Smuts Avenue
Tel. 011 447 0730
Members: Amanda Laird Cherry,Colleen Roake & Neil Roake
Official email address: email@example.com